Wednesday 7 November 2007

The Diva

Sinthia, daughter of Mr and Mrs Franshpipal, has never been discreet. I know this because she lives 2 floors above me and has been known for her wild parties and wilder tantrums. She is loud and extravagant and she always makes it a point to stand out. No matter where she is or who she is with, she always seems to find a way to distinguish herself from others. She has never blended in with the background, but instead always 'Popped'. Yes, I guess you could say she has that 'Pop' factor to her that instantly makes her an interesting person. So interesting, in fact, that even though she can drive you up the wall at times, you still find yourself drawn to her.

Her home is the same. Each element is distinct and stands out from the others while continuing to work well with its surroundings.

(Maison Francaise Sept 2007)



Aside from being a Popper, she has always been the kind of person who has said exactly what was on her mind. She is so hardcore, she doesn't even need to open her mouth to do this. She can just look at you, in that way, and the message is crystal clear. She got this strength from her parents...And that's just about the only thing she got.


Now I'm no geneticist, but I've seen enough episodes of CSI to know that if both of your parents are short, stubby and have heads full of black bushy hair, the likeliness of producing a tall, slender, blond-haired, blue-eyed child is not exactly high. Normally I wouldn't stick my nose into other peoples business, but I heard that when Sinthia was about 6 years old, a distinctive Swedish man came and took her away for an entire summer. Mr and Mrs Franshpipal claim that she had been away at a summer camp for 'gifted children', but I never bought that for a minute. I mean, everyone knows going away to 'gifted kids school' is just code for 'got knocked up and have to hide the baby'. And since she was only 6 years old at the time, Mr and Mrs Franshpipal really need to think about opening another family business because selling all that crack just isn't working anymore...


4 comments:

Mélanie said...

I Love that story . These french poeple sounds very interesting. Now I am reading your blog not only for your work in process in your home but also to know more about frangshipal's family.
That sounds so fun

MAds said...

Yeah its a lot of fun. I have a 25 minute bus ride to work on some days and so I look through the design magazines for the next character. Its really amazing how a room can inspire people in different ways. I'm not a writer, but I have a crazy imagination!

MAds

LallaLydia said...

What a name! "Frangshipal"; sounds like a mild villain from a Nabokov novel...lovely! And these decorated spaces are simply rocking -so much attitude, just like you described!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

what a very cool blog with fun stories. love that. and that top room is just wowza:-)